St Augustine’s Aldershot
Statement of Safeguarding Policy
At the PCC meeting held on 7th June 2020 the Parochial Church Council (PCC) of
“Promoting a Safer Church” sets out the Church of England’s commitment to making the church a safer place for all.
The Policies and Practice Guidance apply to all Church bodies and church officers. All clergy, bishops, archdeacons, licensed readers and lay workers, church wardens and PCCs must have due regard to safeguarding guidance issued by the House of Bishops.
The Policy Statement, Policies, Guidance and Protocols are available to view on the diocesan website. at www.cofeguildford.org.uk/safeguarding.
As a PCC we are committed to the support, nurture and protection of all in our church community.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and vulnerable adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Following advice from the DSA support and manage the safe involvement of any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that procedures and risk assessments are in place for all activities and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer:
Name: Jackie Dunne
Phone Number : 01252 324030
Signed K. M. Hodges Incumbent
Date 7th June 2020
Diocesan Safeguarding Lead